Our many years of experience working with dyslexic adults allow us to draw on a wide range of knowledge and skills for dealing with dyslexia in the workplace.
We have worked on a consultancy basis with a variety of private companies including banks, accountancy firms, construction firms, catering firms, advertising, architects, PR companies, events management and charities. We have also worked on a consultancy basis for government agencies, including the police forces, the Foreign Office, the fire services, the army, civil service departments, including the Department of Work and Pensions, job centres, and the BBC. We have worked successfully with people at all levels in the organisational structure, including senior staff.
for employers, managers and HR staff:
• Workplace consultancy, including advice on policy, provision of services and adjustments • Advice on interviewing, training and managing dyslexic employees, including for human resources staff • Dyslexia awareness sessions for disability officers, welfare officers or HR departments, either at our office or at your workplace • Lectures, talks and workshops to local groups
Services for employees:
• A psychological diagnostic assessment by an educational psychologist, or an assessment by a specially trained dyslexia tutor (please see ‘Services Provided’ in the information pack for more information on the differences between these assessments, or call us on 020 7388 8744)
• Advice on interviews • Training and coaching for the workplace • Study skills courses • Career planning • Preparing expert witness reports for Employment Tribunals Work skills evaluations and suggestions for adjustments
in the workplace awareness sessions and courses:
Both the structure and content of courses offered are flexible, which allows us to focus on the particular priorities of the individual or establishment – we can adapt any programme to meet the requests of employers and employees. Equally, if the current course list does not quite meet your needs, we can work with you to develop a course that targets the issues you wish to address.
We provide the following range of courses:
1. Continuing Professional Development courses for psychologists, HR personnel, managers and trainers, designed to upgrade skills in assessing dyslexia, understanding dyslexia and the difficulties faced by dyslexic employees, making adjustments and enabling dyslexic employees to become more successful.
2. Awareness Raising courses and briefings which can include an explanation of what dyslexia is and how it can affect individuals, an outline of the skills and abilities of dyslexic people, presenting strategies for both individuals and managers to make adjustments and overcome the problems in the work place.
3. Skills Development courses, including Strategies
for Success (a short course designed to improve employees’ performance
through skill development); Stepping Stones to Success (for people who
are unemployed, designed to provide the necessary skills and confidence
for finding work); Top up IT training and Creative Strategies Workshops
(learning more successfully).
Training for Work course, run on a one-to-one basis and designed to
develop skills for specific individuals. Each programme is prepared with
the client, and ideally in discussion with their manager or supervisor.
Work skills evaluations, designed to ensure that the skills of the
individual meet the job requirement, and that the dyslexic employee is
able to work efficiently. We recommend specific skills training, advise
on technological aids that may improve performance, and make
recommendations for adjustments to be made, either to the work
environment or to the job role.
Although we always aim to support the dyslexic individual, we will assist them to work only in a job that is right for them.
Please call us on 020 7388 8744 for further information
on our services.
Please note we are relocating to our new office on Monday 13 November.
Our telephone numbers will remain unchanged, however, they might not work for a short period of time during the cross over. We will have email access so please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org should you be unable to reach us by phone.